Relevance subordinate to content and response...

Pages

stat

Friday, December 15, 2023

POETRY 499.1001 -- Riot at the Hyatt--U. OF NEVADA, SPRING 2024


..

RIOT AT THE HYATT


This joint is dead, it needs some promotion,

Ain't enough people to start a commotion.

Maybe if I turn my guitar way up loud,

All the racket might draw a crowd.


The place next door's got a five-piece band,

They must be costin' the club a grand.

You can hear them playin' all the way down the street.

Everybody's dancing to some Latin beat.


The crowd should have been here yesterday,

I had flyers up sayin' I was gonna' play.

Nice white print on a black background,

Printed up by the underground.


They're all next door and there's no cover at the door,

They're probably all out on the dance floor.

Could care less about me playin' here,

Watchin' the locals sip cheap beer.


The crowd ain't comin' over here tonight,

Here come the rednecks, there's gonna be a fight.

Better go to the car and get my 12-gauge,

Shotgun and park it up here on the stage.


The bartender looks like he's half-asleep,

The cocktail girls are buried six-feet deep.

The customers go through a shallow routine,

This certainly ain't the place to be seen.


Gonna hide my face when I leave tonight,

Don't wanna' get paid, it wouldn't seem right.

Look for a place they won't have to exume,

The crowd from a grave when I walk in the room.



..

No comments:

Post a Comment